BI, Data Science & Analytics
£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Data Consultant/Platform Engineer – Python, R, SAS deployment – Remote working available - Opportunity to join a data science and analytics company and work on deployment of analytical environments. Training will be provided if you are not already experienced in some of these areas.
This is an exciting role and you will work in collaboration with your colleagues to deliver projects and continually refine support propositions. Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Deployment of analytical environments on customer sites (Python and R, SAS). Installation training will be provided if not already skilled in some of the areas.
- Liaison with customers and requirement gathering to facilitate implementations
- Creation of high-quality documentation
- Maintenance of existing platforms and provide support to existing customers
- Perform ongoing study of industry developments
- Gain expertise working on cloud environments and containers
Skills and experience required:
- BSc in computing science, software engineering or other numerical disciplines
- 2+ years’ experience deploying analytical environments on customer sites (e.g. Python, R, SAS)
- Small scale open-source deployment skills
- Strong technical skills with either Windows or Linux
- Problem solving attitude
- Ability to work independently and to high quality standards
- Ability to produce high quality professional documents for internal and external viewings
- Strong communication skills as well as good organisational skills, proactive in learning new skills, ability to work independently.
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience working on SAS platforms (you will receive training in SAS platforms / SAS administration)
- Experience working in Cloud environments/AWS/ Azure / Containers (Kubernetes) / PowerBI, SQL Server
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary in the range of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Fully remote working available
- Up to 31 days holiday plus St Georges day.
- Profit and reward bonuses.
- Pension contributions (salary sacrifice available).
- Subsidised Healthcare Scheme.
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses when working offsite.
- Support for obtaining recognised industry certifications.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Company-funded events.
This vacancy is being handled by Langham Recruitment Ltd. Langham Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales (reg 11525223).