BI, Data Science & Analytics
£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Senior Data/Managed Services Consultant – Python, R, SAS – Remote working available - Opportunity to join a data science and analytics company and work on overseeing the delivery of the company’s offerings and provide strategic advice and technology roadmaps to their customers.
This is an exciting role and you will work in collaboration with your colleagues to deliver projects and continually refine support propositions. Reporting to the Managed Service Director your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support and manage the delegation and resolution of incidents within client SLA’s
- Plan and execute planned maintenance tasks
- Support the release management process including release testing and documentation
- Undertake impact analysis of new SAS software and open-source tool releases including hot fixes for supported client sites
- Monitor usage against contracts and raise issues as appropriate
- Technical Account Management for customers, leading customer engagements and providing strategic advice and technology roadmaps
- Train, mentor and line manage technical staff
- Perform ongoing study and promote awareness to colleagues of new developments in analytics and emerging industry standards
Skills and experience required:
- BSc in computing science, software engineering or other numerical disciplines
- 5+ years’ experience in analytics (e.g. Python, R, SAS), ideally in a support capacity
- Proven leadership skills coordinating a technical team.
- Strong technical skills with either Windows or Linux
- Problem solving attitude
- Ability to work independently and to high quality standards
- Ability to produce high quality professional documents for internal and external viewings
- Strong communication skills as well as good organisational skills, proactive in learning new skills, ability to work independently.
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience working on SAS platforms (you will receive training in SAS platforms / SAS administration)
- Experience working in Cloud environments/AWS/ Azure / Containers (Kubernetes) / PowerBI, SQL Server
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary in the range of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Fully remote working available
- Up to 31 days holiday plus St Georges day.
- Profit and reward bonuses.
- Pension contributions (salary sacrifice available).
- Subsidised Healthcare Scheme.
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses when working offsite.
- Support for obtaining recognised industry certifications.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Company-funded events.
This vacancy is being handled by Langham Recruitment Ltd. Langham Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales (reg 11525223).