Support / Infrastructure / Database / Cloud
IT Service Desk Analyst | Competitive salary | York | Permanent
We are looking for a IT Service Desk Analyst to work for a company listed on the London stock exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for maintaining the communication channels with the customer and the IT department and providing the first point of contact for technology.
The Analyst is responsible for responding to incidents and requests reported to the Service Desk from multiple channels. These can include: The life cycle management of incidents, queries and problems, including directing of requests to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring progress and keeping users informed of progress, along with accurately documenting user’s details, problems and resolutions and other pertinent information in the log.
- Provide a single point of contact for all supported IT services
- Respond to incidents & requests
- Deliver outstanding customer service by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous and professional at all times
- Use effective communication to proactively manage customer expectations
- Logging all incidents in the appropriate software, ensuring all relevant information is recorded. Incidents are categorised accurately and prioritised in accordance with their agreed impact and urgency
- Provide 1st line and 2nd line support in accordance with IT policies and procedures
- Ensure that all owned incidents and requests are resolved in accordance with their Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Track and monitor third party incidents ensuring resolution is in accordance with their Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Act as an escalation point for junior members of the Service Desk team
- Escalate incidents where a satisfactory resolution has not been provided or where a higher level of management input is required
- Identify faults via root cause analysis along with identifying trends in incidents
- Continually review procedures and practices, recommending any changes to improve processes
- Maintain and develop the central knowledge base for the Service Desk team
- Assist in the management of all IT hardware and software assets
- Deliver projects within agreed timescales on an ad hoc basis
Qualifications / Experience
As our Service Desk Analyst, you will need to identify problems quickly and build good relationships with our customers. You must have experience of working on a busy Technical Service Desk environment providing 1st line support for a broad range of critical systems and services. We are looking for an individual who values excellent customer service and is passionate about our user needs. Your skillset may include:
- Technical experience on a busy Service Desk (minimum 2 years)
- Working in large scale, multi-site environments
- Experience working to and reporting against SLAs
- Windows 10 support in a domain environment
- Desktop builds and configuration of hardware
- Hardware & peripherals troubleshooting & support
- Software troubleshooting & support
- Android OS troubleshooting & support
- Active Directory administration
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Microsoft Office 2016 Suite
- VPN troubleshooting & support
- Knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework
- Active Directory knowledge of DHCP/DNS/Group Policy
- Virtualisation (VMWare)
- Email Security (Mimecast)
- Supporting users on Exchange 2016 or above
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Azure Active Directory basic administration
- Experience with VoIP telephony
- Mobile Device Management (Intune, IBM MaaS360)
- Anti-Virus (Sophos)
The Analyst will be expected to proactively manage targets and ensure effective and efficient responses in a high call volume environment and will contribute to increasing the delivery of ‘first time fixes’.
They will also need to be an excellent communicator who can support our users in a friendly, open manner. Most importantly, they will strive to offer outstanding customer service and provide a professional and efficient gateway into the IT department for staff.
The role involves both a reactive and a pro-active approach to the delivery of service and is focused on maintaining and improving the levels of service that the IT function provides to the business.
Salary / Benefits
- Competitive salary – dependent on experience
- 10% annual bonus
- Life assurance
- company pension scheme.
- Range of flexible staff benefits
- Free onsite parking
This Helpdesk Analyst vacancy is being handled by Langham Recruitment Ltd. Langham Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales (reg 11525223).
Key words: 1st Line, 2nd Line, first line, second line, service desk, help desk, IT Support. Helpdesk, IT Analyst